Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jacinta Electrifying The Universe

After soaring up the charts with her awesome dance releases, Sunshine, Destination, and Can't Keep It A Secret, Jacinta is back with a new single and several exciting new projects! Having a chance to ask her a few question, this is what she had to say about it all...

Perry Twins: How did you first get involved with music professionally?

Jacinta: I played in an all girl rock band called ‘Maiden Voyage’ playing keyboards and singing backing vocals. We toured extensively in Australia and it made for a brilliant all round ‘apprenticeship’ and I was hooked.

Perry Twins: What inspires you when you’re writing music and performing?

Jacinta: Coming up with something that penetrates my soul, you know, strokes my ‘sweet spot’ whether it’s a lyric or a magic melody. I have a lot of thoughts and ideas I want to share and I get really excited when I think I’ve written something that will resonate and connect with people listening. Performing is one of my most favorite things in the world and there’s nothing better than feeling the energy building and building during a show. Whether on stage or in the studio, it’s all about making the connection for me.

Perry Twins: Can you tell us more about your exciting new project with Amber Dirks and Electrik Pulse, "WILD JAAM"?

Jacinta: Absolutely! Amber and I met on MySpace and then met in person for the first time in Las Vegas at the Billboard Dance Music Summit. We totally hit it off and decided to collaborate and Wild Jaam was born! Amber is one amazing woman. She’s a powerhouse and so so talented. Her vocals are amazing, her writing is top notch and on top of that, she’s a great gal! Our first single DAY IN TIME is remix phase and our video is being edited too. I know we’ll be out there tearing it up together soon live and I truly feel this act is going to go through the roof.

Perry Twins: Wow, this is so exciting.
We're also looking forward to your new single, "Electric Universe". When will it be released and what else can we expect from Jacinta in the near future?
Jacinta: ELECTRIC UNIVERSE is scheduled to be released the first week of September. We’re really excited about it, followed by shows Stateside and in the UK too. If you’ve read my blogs out there, this song is very personal for me. Before the years out, my full album will be released through Chunky Music, Kult Records is releasing I SEE FIRE which is a beautiful song I sang for Cybersutra and course, DAY IN TIME will be out there real soon too.


www.myspace.com/jacinta

No comments: