Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kristy Kay Touches Our Hearts

When Kristy Kay walks in a room, she lights it up! Conserve energy and have Kristy Kay over! She is a dynamic performer with an awesome personality....really tons of fun to be around! Back with a fresh new single, I Will Wait, Kristy is definitely heating it up!

Perry Twins: Who are your musical inspirations?

Kristy Kay: First off I want to say HI, it's been about a year or more since we spoke! Congrats on all of your success with you music and mixing.....Not many of you know this but The Twins danced for me on more than one occasion, they are so talented and NICE!
I was recently asked this same question when I was on the Artist Panel at DJ TIMES Expo in Atlantic City last month. As I sat there with Lady Gaga and Chris Willis, I thought, Who ARE my inspirations? Madonna came to mind first, not only because of the music she continually makes, but also because of how she conducts herself in business. This is a business and it is difficult sometimes to please everyone and conduct yourself with that in mind. I also, grew up listening to a lot of different music, because my whole family are musicians. My Mom was a huge influence on me and Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston because they all sang there butts off. I learned from them and loved to sing along to their cd's.....

PT: How did you first get involved with the music business?

KK: I seemed to always be singing, even in second grade, I had a solo in school.... and I kept doing more and more civic and local LA based talent shows, national anthems etc. The first money I made as a singer was 75.00 for the Men's Association luncheon... lol.... I performed a 15 minute show..... I was 14 years old....My first National commercial was for a soft drink by Shasta called "Spree," and I still have a can of it up on the shelf.. My first record deal came later on Universal records with my single, written by me and Josh Harris, called "Who's that loving you now?"

PT: What inspires you when you are writing songs?

KK: I keep a digital recorder with me at all times. I was inspired just the other day while I was driving and I was fumbling for my recorder to put down a melody/lyrical idea.. I am inspired daily by what people say, what I read, where I travel to, love or the lack of it, feelings that come up inside of me by what I am experiencing at that moment in time.

PT: One of your biggest hits was a cover of the Divinyls' "I Touch Myself". What advice would you give to someone who wanted to record a cover one of your songs? (And yes, we are asking this because the two of us plan on releasing a Kristy Kay tribute album featuring us singing all of your greatest hits)

KK: HAHAHAH You two are so hilarious!!!!! If only that were true..."I Touch Myself," was Lenny B, Featuring Kristy Kay and that was so fun to do..he is so talented.... The advice would be for you to go on with it... I heard the coolest cover of some "Carpenter's" songs on the movie Juno, it was AMAZING!!!! It is the highest form of complement.

PT: Your resume lists one of your skills as "Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound". Where exactly did you learn this amazing skill and would it be possible for you to teach us how do that??

KK: Well all you have to do is give back to people in need and causes that are dear to your heart and YOU will be able to do the same thing!

PT: Lastly, do you still touch yourself when you think about us?

KK: Of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. My new single is on Dauman/Universal Records and it is called, "I Will Wait!" it is available on www.perfectbeat.com and www.itunes.com Check out more at www.myspace.com/kristykaymusic and www.facebook.com Add me! ;) All My love and continued success to you both!


No comments: