Saturday, April 26, 2008

Jason Antone Is Here

After releasing "With You" and "Be Free", Chicago's Jason Antone is back with a new single and a live show Sunday night at Here Lounge in West Hollywood! We recently had a chance to ask this up and coming dance artist a few questions...


Perry Twins: Your music has been all over Logo, The Billboard Club Play Chart and now you are releasing your third single "Love's Gonna Lead You Back." Any plans for a full length album?

Jason Antone: Indeed, I am headed that way. I am always writing lyrics and melodies. The challenge for me is to narrow down what expressions I want to represent me in a single body of work and make sure a good portion of the album is single worthy. I love telling stories through words and music. Right now, LGLYB just went out to the DJs with radio and video to follow.

PT: Who are your musical inspirations and favorite artists?

JA: I have always been inspired by great artists. Madonna's songwriting and performances have gotten me through many turning points in my life and I have been inspired in many ways by her talent. George Michael was the first pop male voice that made me think "OK, I can do this too." Great songwriter too. Although both examples are now pretty mainstream, there were times when they weren't. That's when true artistry shines. When your poplularity dips a bit and , not letting your creative expressions suffer. That is inspiring for sure.

PT: Your show at Here Lounge in West Hollywood is coming up on Sunday night. What do you have in store for the audience?

JA: I consider myself a "new" artist to many people just discovering my music. I consider a lot of my performances an introduction to new fans, so I always strive to give a great show. Singing live (for real) is a priority. My mission is always to entertain the crowd who are there to dance and be free and treat them to a live performance that doesn't kill the "buzz" that they are on. Putting a face with the song is crucial for me and my music to thrive.

PT: When you are writing you own songs, do you draw from personal experiences?

JA: I draw from personal experiences that have happened and sometimes I make it up. Imagination is something that we don't use enough of. That is what cool is about writing. If you don't like the ending that really happened, a few lyrics and chord changes can make it go the way it should have. I also write from different points of view. I think that is the Libra in me.

PT: Where do you see the future of dance music heading?

JA: I see it becoming more popular. Dance music has been around since the beginning of time. Because there are so many genres available to the masses, I do my thing and show my interpretation of what moves me. Dance has a powerful energy that is not present in all genres. I think that's why I am so attracted to it.

PT: You are currently working with one of our favorite people, Jim Strzalkowski of Media Giants. How did you get involved with him?

JA: I met Jim at the Billboard Dance Music Summit in Las Vegas last year. He came to a showcase I performed in and we talked the following day. He is an honest person that I am privileged to have on my team. In a business filled with many empty promises, Jim delivers what he says he can. He also motivates me to do my job better.

PT: If you had a twin brother who was also a singer, what song would you sing as a duet and why?

JA: First of all, I would love it. Not enough male duets. I need to get on that. But to answer your question, maybe Enough is Enough by Streisand and Donna Summer? Babs meets disco? Seems innocent enough.

PT: That would be a twintastic duet! Everyone needs to check you out at Here Lounge on Sunday, April 27th www.jasonantone.com www.herelounge.com . Be sure to come say "hi" to us next door after your show...we will be spinning at The Abbey.

No comments: