Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jeanie Tracy Keeps The Party Jumpin'

The White Party's Main Event happened Saturday night and featured Abel and Ralphi Rosario spinning and flashy performances by RuPaul, Flava and the incredible, Jeanie Tracy! Jeanie's latest hit with Altar, Everybody Up is tearin' up the Billboard Club Play Chart and it's getting all the Party People out on the dance floor...Let's see what's up with this Houston native...

Perry Twins: Congrats on the success of
"Everybody Up"! Your performance at the White Party main event was amazing! Did you have a good time?

Jeanie Tracy: I had an amazing time there. I was so excited I thought I was going to jump out of my skin.

PT: Your opening song during your White Party set was Cha Cha Heels and Ralphi Rosario and Abel (Rosabel) were the DJs for the night...you have been working with them for almost 10 years since Can't Keep My Eyes Off You and Keep The Party Jumpin'. What do you think is the key to your successful relationship with Rosabel and how did you begin working with them?

JT: We are very good friends and we have deep love and respect for each other. I adore them, and so grateful for their love and support through the years. They have taught me a lot about dance music, about how not to sing too much and not too many notes and too many words. They really sit on me about that....they really guide me to what is current and what we should work on to try and keep up. My good friend Frank Abraham was the one that brought me to them when he had his own label AM Records. He hired them to remix my first single in the US after a successful recording time in the UK ( CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF YOU) They already knew of my past history of recordings in the US and used to play them. So they were eager to work with us on the remixes. Then after AM disbanded they asked me to come and work with them ....and so here we are...

PT: With Altar based in Brazil and you living in California, tell us about how you went about working on your collaborations with them.

JT: They send me a track and I write the melodies and the lyrics and go into the studio and record it on my own. I have worked as a session artist for so long that I am pretty good at producing my own vocals. I am a stickler for getting it right. We finally got a chance to meet and work live last year in Rio. They are exceptionally talented and wonderful young men that captured my heart. They usually have no idea what I am going to do with their song, until I sing it over the phone and then go and lay it in the studio.....it's so funny how it all comes about...but we have a lot of fun over the phone. I will see them in Rio in June for a big show there.

PT: How was working on the video for "Everybody Up"? It looks like you had a lot of fun and the video looks great!

JT: Thank you so much...OMG...it was soooo much fun and Evan Cowden and Paul Brewer were the best in making me comfortable and just letting me flow.....I was again soo excited because this was my first US video for myself. I had done one in the UK for Pulse 8 records with the legendary Bobby Womack (It's a man's world).

PT: When and where are some of your upcoming live shows?

JT: I have shows coming up in Boston, Albany, San Jose, Rio (Brazil), New Orleans, Walt Disney World, Orlando, Hallandale, and shows lined up with the fabulous King himself Narada Michael Walden who has asked me to join his live band Temple of Soul...with Clarence Clemons(E street band)Vernon "Ice"Black (Mariah Carey) TM Stevens, Narada"M"Walden...so I'm excited about that. Narada is going to produce a song on me on his new label..... In the studio working on a Jazz project and Gospel. Thank you both for dancing with me on my shows and you are such wonderful talented young men.....I am so proud of your success on the production side of things and wish you all the blessings in the world, and we'll most def work together again.

PT: Be sure to check out Jeanie's new video at www.jeanietracy.com and visit www.perfectbeat.com to buy the new track!


FYI: Altar featuring Jeanie Tracy "Everybody Up" is currently #7 on the Billboard Hot Club Play Chart. Visit our blog tomorrow to see where this and the other top dance songs landed on the chart!

White Party photos by Brian Putnam. LA Pride photo of the two of us and Jeanie Tracy by Rob Reale.

No comments: