Monday, July 14, 2008

Amber Dirks Has The Power To Move

The muli-talented singer, Amber Dirks, is keeping busy with numerous projects and is currently on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play Chart with the hot "My Life." She is an incredible performer who you will be hearing a lot more from!

Perry Twins: How did you first start working in the music industry professionally?

Amber Dirks: What’s good The Perry Twins, Doug and Derek (The Handsome Twins..watch out now)? Thank You so much for giving me an opportunity to share a little myself to your listeners. I appreciate/respect you both and your Talents that you provide for all to enjoy.

I started working professionally in the Music Industry18 years ago and I was the lead singer of a cover R&B band. Although I was young (and still LOL) I was allowed to sing in clubs. It was an Awesome experience and that’s when I realized that this was something that I wanted to pursue on a more professional scale.

PT: Who are your musical influences?

AD: Oh WOW, that is a hard question as there are so many talented Artists whom I absolutely admire..umm to name a few, but not limited to (love the disclaimer LOL) Donna Summer (Love her new Album BTW..Go Donna!!), Whitney Houston, Ella Fitzgerald, Evelyn “Champagne” King (Love her new Single too), Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Anita Baker, Toni Braxton, Sister Sledge..oh man there are so Many I can go on until eternity.


PT: When did you form your group Power 2 Move with Electrik Pulse?

AD: Themi Charalambous is AKA Electrik Pulse (www.myspace.com/electrikpulse1 ) formed Power 2 Move (www.myspace.com/power2move ) in November 2006.
It all started when we completed the track entitled "Your Body" Electrik Pulse featuring Amber Dirks and it was picked up and signed by Amathus Music which is a leading dance music label.
After a while we decided to form our own group to showcase both of our talents as a producer/vocalist/writing team. We came up with the name Power 2 Move (Creating music that moves you) the rest is history we started working on songs and before we knew it we were recording and finishing a track a week. The chemistry and flow was all there.
After finishing our 4th track Amathus Music had heard about what we were doing and signed all 4 tracks and put out the first Power 2 Move Ep titled "Passions" and all tracks are available for instant download on every major download site now. We are currently in the middle of finishing up a full album and are very excited. We have done all this amazing creating together and we have never once met face to face yet we talk almost every day on the phone. Now if that's not musical chemistry, what is?
To this day..Themi and I have yet to met each other face to face and are still creating wonderful works together.

PT: How has the experience of creating hit songs such as "All Through The Night", "Without You", "You're The One" and "My Life" been?

AD: Surreal. I am just so Thankful that people are feeling our musical vibe. Having the Passion of song is one that is an abundance of musical bliss and being able to express it through your soul is indescribable. The thought of being respected by your peers and the outflow of love from Fans and Peers alike is a Wonderful/Blessed feeling. In regards to the song “My Life”, that song was written by Chris “The Greek” Panaghi and he featured my vocals on that awesome track and I am ever so humbled that he asked if I would sing it..Thank You Chris.

PT: What inspires you when you are creating music and performing on stage?

AD: Not trying to sound cliché, but it is definitely the Love Of Music. Writing songs is a wonderful challenge for my soul and I hope that it exudes from my voice. When I get a track from Themi, it’s easy to Love the flow of the beats.

Performance is a way for me to show my inner feelings of unconditional Love that I have for my craft, which I never take for granted as I feel that I am always learning to bring my vocals to another level. People have often told me that I become so involved with my performance that to them it’s like viewing my inner soul work through my body LOLJ That’s so wonderful. I am ever so humbled by the appreciation that I get from People.

PT: What upcoming projects are you working on?

AD: Busy, Busy, Busy..did I mention BUSY??? LOL..besides having a young Family.. working on “Power 2 Move” material..I just returned from Austin, TX working on new material, photo shoot and taping of a music video as I have been blessed to work with a Wonderful and Beautiful talented Artist by the name of Jacinta (www.myspace.com/jacinta ) with whom is a triple Billboard Dance Music Charting Artist and was nominated this year for Best Breakthrough Artist (Solo) at the International Dance Music Awards. Together, Themi, Colin (Barnsey), Jacinta and I have created “Wild Jaam” (www.myspace.com/jaammusic ) and will be releasing material soon as well as a video. This project is just Awesome.. wow..I so respect Jacinta and all she has accomplished within the dance genre and so this is yet another surreal opportunity to work with such a gifted Artist..nothing but Mad Respect I have for her and together I feel that we bring a lot to the table and I am looking forward to see how received we will be as a DuoJ The production partners are “Chunky Music” and “Power 2 Move”. I feel very blessed and humbled and I continue to look for challenges every day.

Again, I want to Thank You The Perry Twins for your time..Mad admiration to you Both and continued success for your awesome projects and as I Always say..”Keep it Real”

No comments: