Friday, July 4, 2008

Erin Hamilton Is In Control

Erin Hamilton's latest track, Control Yourself, is flying up the Billboard Club Play Chart and is this week's Power Pick! Her previous single, The Flame '08, hit the #1 spot. Having recentlty interviewed Erin, it's clear that she is back and taking control!

Perry Twins: How did you first get involved with dance music?

Erin Hamilton: TOTALLY by accident!! Was performing mostly with a band doing rock and blues music... and BAM.. met Scott Anderson (Solar City).

PT: A few of your hit dance singles are fresh, creative covers of pop/rock songs. How did you go about choosing which songs you would reinvent for the dance floors?

EH: DREAMWEAVER came about while i was driving home from yoga one day.. and heard it on the radio. I wanted to do a rock cover of it... and my husband at the time introduced me to Scott.. and he suggested it be a dance tune... I didn't even know dance music was still around.. but, I said what the hell.. lets go for it!! The FLAME was an idea brought to me by Ralphi Rosario and DJ Abel.... still.. not hearing how it could be made into a dance song. I just went with it, and was thrilled with the results. I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME was my idea to do after some difficult times.. and I just loved the Kiki Dee version, and wanted to try my own spin on it.

PT: What can we expect from your upcoming album?

EH: be patient.... it will be a little while.. but more fun than ever.. i can promise you that.. and one cover that will blow your socks off!!

PT: Do you perform non-dance versions of your dance hits during your rock and unplugged live shows such as your recent appearance at "Lilith Unfair"?

EH: yes... and it's a lot of fun to do it that way.. just another side.. one i'd like to explore further~~
Erin recently performed at Gay Days at Walt Disney World in Florida and all her west coast fans can catch her at Gay Days in Anaheim this fall at House of Blues. For more info, visit www.myspace.com/theerinhamilton and check out her music at www.perfectbeat.com and www.masterbeat.com along with our Perry Twins Amplified Mix of Control Yourself.

No comments: