Friday, July 18, 2008

Jania Activates The Music World

Words can't express how fortunate we are to have Jania in our lives. After moving to LA, we first saw Jania dancing up a storm in a rehearsal for one of her performances. After the rehearsal, we decided to go introduce ourselves and it turned out to be one of the best things we have done. Quickly becoming friends with Jania and dancing in her performances, we realized how special she was both as an entertainer and as a person in general. Fast forward four years to 2007 when we are planning on releasing our debut single as writers and producers, and the first person that comes to mind is Jania. This triple threat had the energy and enthusiasm that the two of us and Quinn Coleman were looking for to bring Activate My Body to life! Not only is Jania a super talented singer and dancer, she also has a dynamic personality that you just can't get enough of!

Perry Twins: How did you first get involved with music?

Jania: My mother got me involved in music. She trained me to sing in harmonies, she helped me discover and polish my skills, then prepared me for auditions and performances! She is a singer herself, so she was very strict on me...because she knew the challenges and wanted me to be the best that I could be.

Perry Twins: What inspires you when you are creating music?

Jania: So many different things, people, and situations inspire me. Normally, I will create the track with the producer then I go home and listen to the music over and over and then I just start singing and coming up with melodies...lyrics follow and then I arrange the vocals. My songs can be about whatever I feel ...love ..heartbreak ...dancing ...stalking ...lol..Whatever I'm feeling inside that moment!

Perry Twins: What's usually going through your head when you're performing on stage?

Jania: I'm focused on the crowd.. initially. I'm thinking of how I can truly ENTERTAIN! I'm from L.A. and I know they are a very hard audience to impress, so I take that into consideration before I even step foot on stage. Any stage! I tailor my performances to be high energy with singing and dancing. I try to rehearse a lot so that I don't have to think too much about ME, my next note, my next step...I want to already know that. When it's showtime it's all about giving the audience an exciting show...and sometimes I'm a bit nervous, but that all goes away when the music starts!

Perry Twins: What projects are you currently working on?

Jania: I'm working with Hector Fonseca on his new project that he's creating. I've also been writing A LOT for my own project! So, I'm pretty excited about the future!

Perry Twins: What are your goals for your career in the future?

Jania: My goal is pretty easy. I just want to always grow and become better at my craft. I'm a very hard worker and I love being open to new ideas and sounds. I love learning. I've been blessed to work with some great people and they've taught me how to expand on my talents. My goal is to have a career that is exciting and creative.....and that lasts for a looooong time!



No comments: