Saturday, August 2, 2008

Adam Barta Is Standing In The Spotlight


Adam Barta is heating up dance floors with his new track with DJ Russ Harris, Standing In The Rain. We had a chance to ask Adam a few questions and this is what the talented Bronx native had to say...

Perry Twins: How did you first get involved with music professionally?

Adam Barta: I started out a few years ago with two different boybands. One was on its way to being signed to Sony, but fell apart due to lack of management and internal structure. However, the experience was very positive for me, learning to work together as a unit and first fully understanding what it took to be a real performer. From that I did some off off Broadway musical theatre, and then wound up catching the attention of some of the club DJs, and hooked up with DJ Steve Right, who remixed my track Dirty Girls. From performing, I managed to meet up with the right contacts, signed with the right management (Shaun Cairo), and from there it was history!

PT: Who are your musical influences?

AB: They really range the gamut from the obvious pop icons - Justin, Rihanna (Robyn Fenty), anything Timbaland touches, to Missy Elliot, Aerosmith, Garbage, Leann Rimes, to Olivia Newton John. I love listening to all kinds of music because it is all inspiring to me. I grew up listening to Madonna and the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC in my teen years, so that heavily influenced the really candy pop sound that sometimes comes through with my stuff. But it's all about evolving and taking it to the next level which a lot of these performers who have lasting appeal really know how to deliver with. I'm really feeling Cyndi Lauper's new track "Into the Nightlife". She's reinvented herself yet again, and has such a great, unique sound that I think it's about time we heard something new from her. So much so that I had to download her album while I was driving in my car just to hear the ringtone! lol

PT: Tell us about your experiences working with Brad Vander Ark of The Verve Pipe, DJ Mike Rizzo, and DJ Russ Harris?

AB: Brad was great to work with and really helped me flesh out some demo tracks that I'm still in the process of developing for my album, or at least to submit as possibilities to my record label. He helped me get my feet wet with everything, and I was really lucky to have had someone so seasoned to work with right off the bat. Mike Rizzo has a history of producing dance music gold, so it was phenomenal to have someone of his caliber produce one of my singles. Working with him was great because he really knew what he wanted from the song and managed to get it out of me. And of course it set the stage for all my success in the past few years. As for Russ, working together with him has been one of the best experiences in my musical career, so much so that we have actually become good friends in the process. He really knows when he wants when he lays stuff down, which I can appreciate. He also has mastered the art of having that unique sound and getting his songs to have really catchy hooks (Drums in the Club, for example). I am really hoping to get to work with him again soon on something for my album, especially considering how well our single is shaping up!

PT: What inspires you when you are recording music and performing on stage?

AB: My mom (and dad who is no longer here), and my own passion to really achieve my dreams. I recently had the honor of doing my first red carpet at an MTV LOGO awards show and it was a dream come true for me. It was inspiring to stand next to people like Leona Lewis and Cyndi Lauper, and made me realize how amazing a feeling it was to truly be accepted and be out there with people who appreciate and love my music.

PT: What are your career goals for the future?

AB: I'd love to release my first album and have a top ten Billboard song or two in the mix, and ultimately maybe win a Grammy. I really want my track with DJ Russ Harris, Standing in the Rain, which was just released on EsNtion Records, to hit top ten in radio... and I'm hopeful it will. Look for the video on MTV LOGO and MTV networks this Fall for sure!



2 comments:

Shaun Cairo Ceo of Shakir Entertainment Management said...

This Q&A on Adam Barta is really
great. The Perry Twins are awesome!

JK said...

LOVES IT!!!