Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ohsha Kai On Fire

After two hot Billboard Club Hits, Free Your Mind and Outta My Mind, Ohsha Kai is back with a fresh new sound and the world better get ready for her! Be sure to catch her at a show near you, because Ohsha is an unbelievable live performer!

Perry Twins: When did you first realize that you wanted to pursue music professionally?

Ohsha Kai: In 1999-2000 I was trying to become a professional actress, but couldn't get up enough nerve to make it to most of my auditions, hahaha. In the meantime, I was working as a bartender in a nightclub in Philly and a musician friend who was performing that night convinced me I could sing. He said he could tell by my speaking voice (???)...I was kind of reluctant at first, because I really didn't feel I was a much of a singer. About a week later I was in the studio writing and recording my first track. It was horrible!!! Hahaha, but I fell in love with the process so from then on I've determined to keep moving forward with music and willing to see where it will take me.

PT: Who are your musical influences?

OK: We'll my deepest influence is Gospel. It's what I grew up listening to. Some other major influences have been: Chaka Khan, Tina Turner, Anastasia, Eryka Badu, Macy Gray, Mariah Carey...so many...I take a lil' something from everyone!

PT: When will your new single be released?

OK: This month, actually (August 2008). I have 2 singles coming out simultaneously: "whatcha waitin'for" a Mig Tight production and "DJ ON FIRE" produced by Dave Aaron..I'm also working on a project with CAPP Records; a remake of "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz (remember them??? haha)

PT: Are you working on a full length album?

OK: I believe an album is on the horizon :)

PT: What else would you like to accomplish with your music career that you haven't already?

OK: Wow! Well, I would like to think that I'm just getting started so I welcome every experience on this journey. I've set no expectations but, I'll explore every opportunity...

No comments: