Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Interview with DJ Oren Nizri

Perry Twins: How did you get started as a DJ?
Oren Nizri: I started my DJ career in 1998. I worked as a
radio DJ in Tel Aviv, Israel, in the city's hottest radio
station of that time, "The Voice of Tel Aviv." I hosted
my own bi-weekly program called "In My House" that was
dedicated to house music.My show was a big success, and
it opened the doors for me to spin in some of the most
renowned nightclubs and music festivals in Israel and
Europe. I have amazing memories of my radio show. That
made the beginning of my professional career,
and it could have not been a better start!

PT: What are your favorite current songs to spin?

ON: 1. Kid Massive "Get Busy" Soul Avengerz Dancefloor
Mayhem Mix 2. Kristine W."Never" Nick Harvey Tribal Dub
3. Judy Torres "Hell No" Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Mix
4. Fireball "What I Want" Chris Cox Club Mix 5. Whelan
& Di Scala "Close My Eyes" Lee Cook Mix 6. Nicki Richards
"Bring The Love" Sammy Peralta Club Mix 7. Solange
"Sandcastle Disco" Gomi Club Mix 8. Donna Summer "

Fame" Dave Aude Club Mix 9. Studio Apartment & Yasmeen
"Sun Will Shine" Copyright Club Mix 10. Dirty South
"Let It Go" Chocolate Puma
Club Mix

PT: Great tracks! What are some of your favorite classics?

ON: 1. Sunkids & Chance "Rise Up" (Grant nelson Big Room
Mix) 2. Vernessa Mitchell "This Joy" (Razor & Guido Club
Mix) 3. Kathy Sledge "Another Star"(Roger Ultimate Anthem Mix)
4. Chicane "Saltwater" (Original Mix) 5. Giselle Jackson
"Love Commandments"(Tenaglia Twilo Mix) and the list can
go on forever...

PT: We love Razor & Guido's mixes! Do you have a
favorite DJ gig?

ON: To me, all my gigs are important and special. I feel
blessed that there are many parties that I have played,
that have given me a lot of satisfaction and fantastic
memories. What I can tell you is that currently, I am
having a blast at my weekly residency at Living Room
Nightclub in Fort Lauderdale, at the "Liquid Fridays"
party. http://www.livingroomnightclub.com/ Living Room is a
multi million dollar venue, and right now, it produces the
biggest weekly party in South Florida. The energy of the
crowd and the concept of the Friday night party overall
is revolutionary and simply amazing. "Liquid Fridays"
has built a fantastic and very loyal following and people

from all over South Florida just love to come and party
at the venue every week.

PT: Where do you see the future of dance music headed?

ON: I think that dance music is been stuck for the past
few years with lack of originality, that has lead to a
lot of remakes and cover songs that have not had a very
good production value. I just hope that all of us who are
involved with the music industry these days can make efforts
to change that, to make quality productions that have fresh
beats and a brand new vibe and flavor to dance music
in the next couple of years.


PT: What are you currently working on?

ON: Some remixing projects, and especially, one of the goals
for 2009 for my company Give Me A Beat Productions and my
manager George Coronado is to continue bringing my music to
other cities around the United States and internationally as
well, for me to continue to earn the national and
international recognition as a DJ. We have started 2009
very well and the year is getting line-up very nicely, we
have a very exciting year ahead of us!

PT: We were excited to recently be at your Los Angeles debut.
How was the experience of dj'ing at Fresh/Eleven for you?

ON: I had a great time at the Fresh party at Eleven in LA.
The crowd responded extremely well to my set and I appreciate
all the positive feedback that I got after my performance.
It was a very busy night and a lot of fun! Thank you to
Jeffrey Sanker, Paul Nicholls and Casey, for the hospitality
thought out the weekend that I was in town.
www.jeffreysanker.com

PT: Glad you had a great time! Jeffrey and Paul definitely
put on fun parties! Where can we see you DJ next in the
upcoming months?

ON: I will be spinning the UNITY party during Winter Party
Festival at the end of February. I'll also be headlining
the PrideFest of the Palm Beaches in West Palm
Beach at the end of March, and we are finalizing dates
in different cities around the USA as we speak. I will be
coming back to Fire Island, Atlanta, Washington DC, Boston,
etc, etc, and even South America and my country Israel will
be part of the schedule. I would like to take this
opportunity to thank the loyal partygoers who come to my
parties and who follow my music, and to the press in
general, for the continuous coverage that you have given my
shows. Thank you so much for the endless support. And thank
you Perry Twins for spending this time with me, hope to
see you in Florida very soon!

No comments: