Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Make Time for Jennifer Carbonell

Perry Twins: How did you get started in the music industry?

Jennifer Carbonell: I have been singing as far back as I can remember, but professionally my first commercial release was with Miami based producers Murk... aka The Funky Green dogs. They called me up, and asked me if I would like to lay down a vocal on the last track of their album titled .... Doesn't Really Matter ... that track would later be released on Tommy Boy Records. It made #6 on the Billboard club charts , and was also featured on one of the Queer as Folk compilations.

PT: We love that track! We still play it often. What inspires you to create music?

JC: A really funky amazing beat, with a dark, and moody vibe. Love inspires me..with a bit of drama attached as well..haha

PT: Who are some of your favorite musical artists?

JC: All I can say is my Ipod is sick!!! I have all bases covered from Fleetwood Mac- Pink Floyd..to Bob Marley..Phylis Hyman, Earth Wind and Fire & Mark Anthony- Pit Bull.. to the Perry Twins of course!!

PT: Ha! If you could sing a duet with any other singer, which singer would it be with and why?

JC: Well the old school side of me would say that James Brown... may he rest in piece... would be some one that I would have loved to have been on stage with.....because he was the epitome of funk...the God Father of soul!!!!! His Music is timeless!! and currently I would have to say that George Michael would be the artist that I would absolutely love to collab with.. ... I love his voice!! His music is sexy, and soulful just the way I like it. Very Dance..Pop..and R&B at the same time.

PT: Where can your fans see you next?

JC: In March I will be at the WMC in my hometown of Miami, Florida. I will be attending several parties and appearing at the panels...So I am sure I will run into everyone there at some point.

PT: What projects are you currently working on?

JC: I have a single out right now titled Broken Pieces that has made the billboard hot air play dance charts and is currently doing very well for me..I have remixes from some of the hottest producers like legendary ... Kenny Dope...Tom Stephan....Friscia & Lamboy... and Jerry Perero. I am working on my next hot single to follow up with Broken Pieces...wait till you here whats up next!!! I am changing it up a little bit.


PT: Thanks for the interview and we hope to see you in Miami! Everyone needs to check out the awesome "Broken Pieces" at
www.perfectbeat.com


No comments: